Area flooding has been the main issue in southeast Mississippi due to Tropical Storm Cindy. Singing River Electric crews have worked since yesterday to quickly restore the scattered, minor outages.
We have also already received a call for help from our Louisiana electric cooperative neighbors. Singing River Electric crews have been identified for travel and will be released to help when needed, once it is determined that south Mississippi will not be severely affected.
Report power outages:
- Report power outages by calling any Singing River Electric number (601-947-4211, 228-497-1313) or avoid waiting on hold and download the SmartHub app. It is the fastest and easiest way to report a power outage. Outages reported by the SmartHub app go directly into our outage management system and are more quickly assigned to servicemen for repairs.
- Social media is the place to get the latest updates and safety tips. Please do not report power outages on social media. All outages must be reported by phone, online or app.
- Stay away from any downed power lines. If you see a damaged or downed line, call Singing River Electric and or 911 and keep everyone clear of the area.
- Be careful when removing broken limbs and storm damage as power lines can become tangled in the debris.
- Stay clear of SRE trucks working to restore power. Slow down and make our crews’ work environment safer along road sides.
- When using a generator, remember to plug items into the generator, not the generator into your home’s wiring. This can energize power lines endangering our workers.
- Turn around, don’t drown. Stay clear of flooded roads. Cars can be swept away by only a few feet of water on the road. Think safety first.
- Download the SmartHub app to see a LIVE, outage map and report power outages.
- The outage map can also be viewed online at http://outageviewer.singingriver.com.
- Join the storm and safety conversations by following us on Facebook at facebook.com/singingriverelectric and look for us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/srecooperative and Instagram at www.instagram.com/singingriverelectric. Singing River Electric employees will keep members updated on storm progress, restoration progress, safety tips, and answer any questions. Please do not report any outages on social media. All outages must be reported by phone, online or by app.
- Visit singingriver.com for more storm preparedness tips and information.
- Stay tuned to local media and stay abreast of storm progress and strengthening.