Keep the safety of your family and Singing River Electric’s linemen in mind after a storm.
- Treat all downed power lines as if they are energized, and stay away from them. Beware of lines hidden by debris or in trees.
- Call 911 or Singing River Electric to report downed lines that present a clear and imminent danger. Be especially cautious at night when you may not see a downed line.
- Do not connect a generator directly to your home’s wiring; this can energize power lines and put our linemen at risk. Also, do not operate a generator while standing in wet conditions or use in an enclosed area. For more generator safety tips, click here.
- If water damages your home, turn off circuit breakers and do not use electrical outlets. Damage to your home’s electrical system must be repaired by a licensed electrician before Singing River Electric linemen can restore power.
- Turn around and don’t drown. Avoid flooded areas, and do not drive through unknown pools of water. Be especially cautious driving at night.