Adding decorations in and around your home can be a fun and festive way to get into the holiday spirit, but it can also be dangerous if you are not careful.
Always keep safety in mind when you’re decorating outdoors. Remember these helpful tips:
- Place ladders on a dry, flat surface.
- Check for hazards below and above your area before setting up the ladder.
- Never use a ladder near power lines.
- Keep Christmas trees away from all heat sources, and only use lights that are in good condition.
- Only use lights that have been tested for safety. Check packaging for details.
- Set lights on a timer so they are not on while you are away or asleep.
- Avoid overloading power strips and outlets.