Ways to Save
Review power use
If you are looking for ways to save on your power bill year round, the first step is to review your energy use. You can quickly track this for FREE using the SmartHub mobile app or by clicking the "Pay Bill" button top right on this page. This gives you 24/7 access to your energy use information, allowing you to view
the data at your convenience. By monitoring your energy use daily or weekly, you can make adjustments in real time to lower your power bill. Benefits include a detailed look at past and current energy use, a comparison temperature line to see how weather is affecting your bill and other tools.
Residential energy solution tips:
You have already downloaded the SmartHub app and are tracking your energy use, but still looking for more? These energy tips cover areas such as heating and cooling, lighting, insulation and infiltration, appliances, and cooking. There are also some seasonal tips to help lower energy use at all times of the year.
Also remember that higher energy bills are often attributed to:
- A longer billing cycle
- Full house/unexpected company
Comfort Advantage is a recognized standard for energy-efficient construction and quality products for the home and business. The benefits of Comfort Advantage are promoted by electric cooperatives who provide electric service to more than 400,000 Mississippi homes and businesses.
Here are some additional efficiency resources. You can become the ultimate weekend warrior in your home with a simple click. Take the Home Energy Adventure Tour, download the brochure or video, contact one of SRE's energy experts to learn about how you can save energy and money at home.
- 101 Easy Ways to Save Energy and Money
- Questions to Ask When Replacing Your HVAC
- Comfort Advantage Energy-efficient Home Construction
- Unlock the Comfort Advantage in Your Home
- Energy Checklist for Manufactured Homes
- Energy Star – energy efficiency information on homes and products
- Home Builder’s Association of Mississippi
- Save Energy Dollars Tips Card
- LED Facts
A Singing River Electric energy expert can partner with you to find just the right resources, rebates and information, to create an energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly home.
Please contact one of our representatives:
Energy Services Representative
Residential and small business
Nick DeAngelo, C.E.M.
Manager of Energy Services
ENERGY STAR is a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency voluntary program that helps businesses and individuals save money and protect our climate through superior energy efficiency. Learn more about ENERGY STAR.
Learn ways to save and information about energy-saving products and more.
- Comfort Advantage is a recognized standard for energy-efficient new home construction and home renovation.
- Heat Pump Rebates offer greater savings to SRE members who replace an electric or gas furnace with a new heat pump.
- Track and manage your energy use with the SmartHub app.