Singing River Electric Cooperative has completed preparations for Tropical Storm Gordon. Trucks have been serviced, equipment has been relocated and help has been requested from neighboring electric co-ops crews.
Gordon should make landfall tonight as a strong tropical storm or possibly, a Category 1 hurricane along the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Outer bands of the storm are expected to arrive soon in our service area with winds as high as 60 MPH and with heavy rainfall and flash flooding.
Here’s some things you should know:
- Storm duties and areas have been assigned to crews. They are ready to respond to outages.
- Servicemen and crews will continue to work this evening until conditions deteriorate, at which time they will be called in for their safety.
- Crews will be dispatched early in the morning to assess damage and begin restorations. Our line crews will restore power as quickly and safety as possible, but members should be prepared to be without service.
- If you are a member who has medical equipment that requires electricity, you should make sure you are at a location where there will be electricity, like a shelter that is equipped to deal with medical needs. www.mema.org
- Take time now to download our SmartHub app. It is the fastest way to report an outage in seconds and view a live outage map. www.singingriver.com/smarthub/
- Keep mobile phones and power banks fully charged. Keep refrigerator doors closed to keep food fresh if you lose power.
- Visit our Storm Center for safety tips and outage and restoration information: www.singingriver.com/storm-and-outage
- Stay up-to-date about the storm and restoration efforts on social media: www.facebook.com/singingriverelectric, www.instagram.com/singingriverelectric, and www.twitter.com/SRECooperative