Crews, dispatch ready to respond to winter weather outages
Singing River Electric is monitoring this winter storm and has taken precautions to be prepared. We encourage our members to do the same. Many of our areas are experiencing heavy rain that could turn into freezing rain and sleet late this afternoon or tonight.
“Crews and dispatch employees are prepared and ready to respond to any weather-related power outages. We encourage members to take time now to download our SmartHub app and charge cell phones,” said public relations manager Lorri Freeman.
The SmartHub app is the quickest way to report a power outage and to view a live outage map of the area. Members can also view the outage map by visiting singingriver.com and selecting Report Outages.
Singing River Electric Power Association is an electric distribution cooperative serving over 73,000 members in seven Mississippi counties and two counties in Alabama.
Winter weather tips:
- Download the SmartHub app to report outages and view LIVE outage map.
- Charge all cell phones fully.
- Keep windows and blinds shut to keep out cold.
- Keep fireplace dampers shut if not in use.
- Set thermostat to 68 degrees or lower and dress appropriately for the cold, even inside.
- Know that extreme cold conditions cause your home to use more electricity and for your heater to run more to reach set temperatures and keep you comfortable.
- Stay home and off the roads if possible to avoid icy conditions.
- Visit singingriver.com for additional tips, LIVE outage map and more.
- Stay tuned to local news to monitor the winter storm’s progress and effect on our area.