Home energy use is different for everyone and hinges on several factors, including the size of the home, members in your household, your location and preferences. Knowing how your energy spend is divided will help you prioritize your energy saving habits.
Our 101 Ways To Save brochure is a great resource. From the top ten energy saving tips to do first, to the remaining 91 fantastic suggestions, you cannot go wrong. These tips are wide-ranged and many are no cost, low cost suggestions. They are also sorted into categories (lighting, kitchen, water heating, etc.).
Doing a little can save a lot. Everything you do – from flipping a switch to upgrading your lighting – can add up to big savings for you, while providing comfort for your family.
Laundry tips include:
- Washing clothes in cold water. Save hot water for very dirty loads.
- Only do full loads of laundry.
- Use bath towels twice before washing.
- Clean the dryer lint trap prior to each use.
- Dry consecutive loads to harvest residual heat remaining in dryer from previous load.
- Avoid drying clothes during the hottest parts of the day.
- Use moisture sensor to minimize drying times.
- Install a clothes line and take advantage of free solar power to dry your clothes on pretty days.