April is Lineman Appreciation Month. We are ever so thankful for these skilled and talented linemen who care about community as much as the job they do daily.
They not only respond to calls and restore power no matter the time of day and in all kinds of weather, but they also are some of the first to raise their hand to help.
Whether it’s efforts of conservation like Coastal Cleanup and Renew Our Rivers or reading to local classrooms, our linemen – and all Singing River Electric employees – are ready to make a difference.
“Line work is a challenging profession,” said Singing River Electric General Manager and CEO Brian Hughey. “One that takes skilled training, a sharp and focused mind and an emphasis on safety.”
“Our crews take that one step further,” said Hughey. “They are excellent at what they do and responsive to our members’ needs whether that involves an outage or improving the communities they call home.”
Some of the community service activities SRE completed in 2018:
- Mississippi Youth Leadership Program
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors Community Grants
- Building an Osprey Nest in Gautier
- Coastal Cleanup
- Supporting our Veterans with Ride 2 Recovery
- Safety City Education
- Renew Our Rivers Event in Gautier
- Energy Fairs
- Pathways2Possibilities (P2P) Career Fair
- Salvation Army Kettle
- Breast Cancer Awareness
- Christmas Parades
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors Energy Assistance
- Responding to assist West Florida Electric after Hurricane Michael
As an electric co-op, we belong to the communities we serve. Our linemen and all employees live this in their daily lives. Take time this month to #ThankaLineman.